Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Monday 8 May 2023

Painted Lady - Local Walk



On my local walk yesterday, the main subject of interest was the Painted Lady butterfly. 
This was one of two that I observed in the same location on my walk.
Looking back through my blog posts I believe this is the earliest in the year I have seen the Painted Lady.
Previously it was during the month of June.



I have also included a few scenes etc taken on the walk.






Greater Stitchwort








Blue Bell of the White variety







6 comments:

  1. That does seem to be very early to see a Painted Lady. Maybe we're going to have a good year for them in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Yes maybe it will be a major influx of the species like we had in 2009.

      Delete
  2. Hei Roy! Siellä on aivan ihanan näköistä!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos Anne. Kyllä se oli sinä päivänä, nyt sataa ja tänään on hyvin sumuista.

      Delete
  3. Hi Roy, That is very, very early!!! Hopefully there are already enough flowers. I love the Stellaria holestea! Maybe I`ll buy it next year. I have a shady corner in the garden...
    Beautiful images!
    Regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. It is early Maria, but there has been several sightings by others in the County.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog