Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Monday 29 May 2023

One More Visit - Cerne Abbas

Marsh Fritillary

I thought I would do just one more visit to Cerne Abbas in pursuit of the Duke of Burgundy this year. I also wanted to check on the Grey Wagtail Pair by the river.












The young Grey Wagtails have flown the nest and were nowhere to be seen.
The male was taking a bath earlier in the day and the female was later observed catching flies to eat.
Hopefully they will return next year.














9 comments:

  1. Grey wagtail! On my last post, I tried to remember a grey bird that I saw beside a lake and you have given me the name. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked it up. It was a white wagtail that was migrating through Georgia here in the USA. It was a wagtail, so this post did help me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roy,
    Impressive pictures of the beautiful butterflies. even mating!!
    Love the Grey wagtail. great series!
    Regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point de jeunes ? 😟😟 Généralement ils dépendent encore des parents à l'envol. C'est mauvais signe.
    Il y aura sans doute une deuxième nichée Roy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impossible de trouver une chère Natalie. Je veillerai sur la prochaine couvée.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog