Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday 10 May 2023

Goldfinch Bathing

Sitting by a favourite little stream the other day I was waiting for Grey Wagtail, which I know frequent that location at this time. Suddenly a pair of Goldfinch dropped down from the trees on the other side of the stream and pitched in shallow water and began to bathe.


A resident species, Goldfinch can be found just about anywhere in the UK. 
The most in numbers are found around villages due to the fact they frequent gardens in particular.














Regarding my objective, I did briefly observe one Grey Wagtail. I think the pair I know to be in the area are in the process of nest building or possibly sitting currently. Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Ne on aivan ihania lintuja, ja niiden ääni on hieno. Niitä on meidän pihassa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog