Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Adonis Blue Butterfly


 It is at this time of year generally that I pay several visits to Maiden Castle Iron Age Hill Fort, which is within walking distance from where I live in Dorchester.

The target species of butterfly for this visit was the Adonis Blue.

I like it when a plan comes together, as I found it.

Adonis Blue (Male)














Dingy Skipper (Mating Pair)



Small Heath

A Very Well Worn Small Copper



Common Blue (Male)





I found three colours of Common Milkwort on the hillside.




To see more about Maiden Castle Hill Fort please refer to the below Wikipedia entry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiden_Castle,_Dorset


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kiitos Anne. Se on kaiken kaikkiaan mukava kunta vierailla.

      Delete
  2. A lovely post! I’ve visited Maiden Castle a few times and in more recent times when my son was studying Archaeology, we spent the day there as well as visiting Dorchester, a town that I always enjoy visiting. Iron Age hill forts are fascinating; I live very close to one at Milber Down and have tramped around that a few times too. Interestingly, a road goes right through the middle of it!

    We were only saying, yesterday, that there is, sadly, a lack of butterflies in the garden. I have spotted a Holly Blue, which appears to be a regular visitor, but little else in spite of all that I do to make the garden as wildlife friendly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I have certainly noticed a reduction in certain species in the last few years.

      Delete
  3. Les prairies sont fabuleuses, j'imagine que les oiseaux se plaisent aussi.
    Le Tarier des prés est-il présent ?
    Très belles photos de ce petit bleu 😉.
    Bisous et bon weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci cher Nath. Le Whinchat est présent avec le Whitethroat et le Corn Bunting.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful butterflies and landscape.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog