Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Thursday 24 August 2023

Wheatear Travelling South


It is that time of year again when the Wheatears arrive back on the South coast of Dorset, where they spend a few days feeding up before their night flight South across the English Channel and on to Africa.
As they are lovely birds to photograph, it has become a tradition for me to search them out over the few weeks of outward migration. Portland Bill area and Ferry Bridge are definitely two places to look for them. They certainly like to pose for photos when you approach them, but they will only allow you so close.












 

11 comments:

  1. Roy I totally agree with you A beautiful little bird and one that is very obliging too sit up for its portrait to be taken. I was making some future posts the other day and I had photographed ? Darter and Damselflies and I thought I need Roy's expertise on these. So if you see that post in the future please find me in. I do not have a lot of time to do much research as I am immigrating to Australia and selling my home her and also selling everything in it and a lot in the garden that are in planters etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I will look out for that post. Australia, that is a big move. That will give you something different to photograph.

      Delete
  2. Pretty little birds; we get them on Dartmoor, throughout the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal, I have not been to Dartmoor for a long time now.

      Delete
  3. Roy That post that I was referring to is on 30 August

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Roy.
    C'est un plaisir de voir les migrateurs passer et repasser. Si ils sont chez toi ils ne vont pas tarder à arriver chez moi 😉😉😉.
    Bisous cher ami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cet oiseau est vraiment très beau, fin et gracieux !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog