Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 27 August 2023

The Wheat Harvest

Due to weather conditions and various committments I missed the Wheat Harvest on my local walk areas this year. However, I went to a Cerne Abbas which is a Dorset village about 7 miles from where I live this last week. This was mainly for one of those photo shoots that could provide something/anything in nature that would be of interest. I normally go there for butterflies, but as that was less likely on this occasion, I didn't know what I would find.

Walking through the woodland area I could hear the sound of a Combine Harvester working in the fields next to the woodland. So my luck was in this in this time. In a long valley outside the woodland I was able to take the following images.







Due to the inclement weather that we have experienced over the last month or two, the wheat would not be of a good enough standard for bread manufacture this year. It would be used for animal feed instead.








Walking through the Woodland area I shot some of these magnificent trees.











12 comments:

  1. Hei Roy! Loppu kesän värit luonnossa ovat aivan ihania! Pidän tosi paljon viljapeltojen eri sävyistä.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos Anne. Näin on nyt kaikkialla täällä.

      Delete
  2. It'll be some filthy straw this year - glad I'm not dealing with it. Some of the fields near here look almost khaki in colour. Those trees look absolute perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonsoir Roy. Merci pour toutes ces belles photos, j'aime beaucoup celles sur les arbres. Que de jolies balades à faire sur ces sentiers boisés. Bonne fin de journée.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Roy, tu me fais rêver avec ces merveilleux seigneurs de la forêt. Se promener en dessous doit être tellement merveilleux. Certains sont très étranges mais c'est ce qui fait leur charme.
    Bonne soirée Roy.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les arbres sont merveilleux Nathalie. C'était un plaisir de marcher sous eux. Je dois y aller en hiver

      Delete
  5. Many thanks for ID on my post yesterday. I love watching the farmers art work and those trees and the light through them are wonderful Roy. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harvest was about 2 months ago here, not that we had very good weather until June. Love the trees!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. Poor harvest altogether here, although the Kent and Sussex Vineyards liked it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog