Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Thursday 14 April 2022

In Search of the Song Thrush


I mentioned the word 'Search' in the Post heading for good reason.
Who now ever sees a Song Thrush. They are so few and far between, a rare sight anywhere now, certainly in my area. 
Its conservation status is 'Amber', which means "species of conservation concern". The greatest decline is on farmland due to a change in farming practice, although thankfully there has been some recovery in the last decade.
I had to shoot most of these images through a wire fence.













8 comments:

  1. I just checked my records: more Great White Egrets than Song Thrushes so far this year. There was a time, when I was a child, when they seemed as common as Blackbirds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite right John.
      Years ago, if you found a Blackbird, there was sure to be a Thrush nearby. Not anymore I'm afraid.

      Delete
  2. I am pleased to be able to report that I have had a Song Thrush visiting my lawn every day for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good John, but the are few and far between.

      Delete
  3. Thrushes sure like their worms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Wilma. I think this one had mouths to feed in the bank the other side of the river. :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog