Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Monday 25 April 2022

A Butterfly Shoot

Brimstone (Female)


On my latest walk I observed three (first in year) specie sightings.
This female Brimstone was feeding on the nectar from Bluebells.




Lucky Shot



This Green-veined White appeared (From its appearance and behaviour) to have recently emerged from the chrysalis  

Green-veined White


Towards the end of my walk I was thinking that my chance of shooting an Orange Tip was unlikely. 
I had observed males flying, but none had stopped for a photographic opportunity. 
Then along came this male and kindly stopped on a green leaf, then a Red Campion, then a Bluebell.
Fortunate or what.

Orange Tip (Male)






8 comments:

  1. Great photos, Roy. I've seen plenty of butterflies this year, but all of them have been incredibly active.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoi Roy,
    The lucky shot is SUPERB!!!
    Love these beautiful butterflies and they are all beautifully captured.
    Orange tip is also very special!
    Regards,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Great getting the lucky shot of the open wings on the Brimstone, and the Orange Tip shots are a bonus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog