Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Thursday 13 April 2023

Pied Flycatcher (Male)


I would have not normally posted these images as they are quite poor. 
Mostly I was not able to get the eye of the bird showing.
However, it is the first time I have observed and photographed the male of this species and couldn't let it pass by without a post.


This bird spent most of time obscured moving about a few Willow trees and occasionally popped out briefly into bright sunlight. 
It my still be around tomorrow so I will try again.


The Pied Flycatcher (a localised Summer migrant) arrives on inward migration in April and leaves mainly in September. 
Its main stronghold in the breeding season is woodland areas of Wales.
This bird I photographed has most likely just arrived in the Country and will spend a few days feeding up after its long journey.


The Pied Flycatcher is on the AMBER conservation list.








8 comments:

  1. It's a good while since I've seen a Flied Piecatcher so I enjoyed these images immensely - even without that little fleck of light in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ce n'est pas si mauvais Roy, tes photos sont, malgré la difficulté de la lumière, bonnes.
    Ce petit passereau est vraiment très joli.
    Bonne fin de semaine Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei Roy! Ne ovat siellä! Kohta ne saapuu myös tänne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos Anne. Toivottavasti pääset näkemään joitain.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog