Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday 26 April 2023

Black Winged Stilt (Pair)


Twenty years ago I recall visiting the Bird Reserve at Titchwell Marsh Norfolk on a regular basis.
It was a rare treat to be able to occasionally see a Black-winged Stilt which was a rare event indeed. It was believed to be the same bird every time and given a nick name of Sammy and was known by many as such.

Since then, sighting of the species has become much more frequent and is now been classed as a colonising breeder.

I was fortunate this week on observing a pair at the Lodmoor Reserve Weymouth.
They were quite a way out into the marshland, but clearly visible. I was using a 600mm equivalent lens with a 1.4 converter, ie 840mm to obtain these images.





















10 comments:

  1. Hi Roy,
    Stunning moment., Lovely birds. Great images!
    Regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei Roy! Ne ovat niin kauniita lintuja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Roy.
    Ton histoire est amusante. Je t'imagine il y a 20ans hihihi....
    Très belle série. Cet oiseau est très élégant et très féminin !
    Bonne journée mon ami.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Cher Nath.
      Dans mon apogée alors.😎

      Delete
  4. I remember Sammy - and the excitement when I first spotted him, not knowing that he was a regular at Titchwell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I managed twice on all the visits I did John.

      Delete
  5. Oooh err missus! I haven't actually seen them mate before. Well captured!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. My first time as well. (If that is an appropriate comment)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog