Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Frequent Birds

Two bird species I am likely to observe more regularly now on one of my new patches. 
The Rock Pipit and the Turnstone.

The Rock Pipit frequents the coastline and rocky beaches.

Rock Pipit
The Turnstone is at home amongst the rocks on the coastline.
The plumage of this one I shot appeared to be changing from its summer to winter coat.

Turnstone






Below is a view of an area on the patch at Portland where I was able to find these two species.



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful little bird is Eurasian rock pipit (Anthus petrosus) ..
    Great pictures, including the pictures of Turnstone..

    Ole Arne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tow lovely little birds Roy, I am just about to go to Australia for 6 weeks but have all my post scheduled in (bit of a marathon that was!) Unfortunately I will not be commenting while I am away but as often as I can will look at bloggers posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roy,
    What a wonderful place to be! Beautiful photo of the landscape
    Rock Pipits are difficult to photograph. Usually they fly away quickly!
    Great shots, Awesome!
    Have a nice weekend,
    regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, especially the rockpit. Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog