Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Friday 9 January 2015

Not Another Stonechat

No, its not another Stonechat. 
Its the same one that has made a stretch of lake side edge and adjacent bracken ditch its Winter quarters in the Parkland. I shot these images yesterday and the low afternoon sun was much better for the light.



He certainly feeds well as he regularly visited the waters edge and snatched up another small dark furry caterpillar. From my limited research this could be some form of Moth caterpillar, unless anyone has a better idea of the ID.










NB: I promise this will be the last post with a Stonechat, well unless I find another one somewhere else of course or a female.{:))

27 comments:

  1. Roy We love your shots so please don't stop. These are stunning shots of this lovely bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There`s a male & female on the west side of Castor Mill near the Lombardy poplar..
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. very photogenic and friendly bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je suis admirative Roy; grand bravo mon ami. Quelle belle série !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking series of shots Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent shots of this confiding little bird Roy! There is also a pair at Baston Fen NR, just in case you are interested! ;)
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I will see if I can get up there soon.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful images of this bird, love the caterpillar shots too, were you watching it for long?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely images of your Stonechat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos of this pretty bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are impressive, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab photos as usual, and also your fox pictures too. I wish I could see a Stonechat but I could count on the fingers of one hand (or less) the times I've seen any. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, yes I don't see many Stonechats anymore around this area.

      Delete
  12. What stunning images - they are very photogenic birds! I love that they are called Stonechats because their warning cry sounds like a clash of stone (clattering pebbles).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Sometimes these people that named birds in the past got it right.

      Delete
  13. These photos are very beautiful Roy. Wonderful light and all of them detailed and sharp. Love the ones where they have food even more. My compliments!

    Kind regards,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog