Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Birch Invaders

It may be a little early, but I went searching for Redpoll and Siskin last week.
When they do arrive in the Parkland they can usually be found high up in some of their favourite Birch trees searching for food. There are some really tall Birches that I always check when searching for them.

Unfortunately I didn't find any target birds, but they had better hurry up arriving as the resident Goldfinch and Bullfinch were already in attendance eating the seeds from the little Birch cones.
It is quite a precarious activity for these birds as they are clinging on high in the trees and the wind was blowing fairly hard as well. Not an easy task getting small seeds from an equally small cone.

Goldfinch

Bullfinch









10 comments:

  1. It's quite an exciting time of year for birding I think, you never know what will arrive. Lovely to see these birds in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie, yes there is usually something different turning up each year.

      Delete
  2. I think this is really great fun Roy.
    The finches are all there nicely. These types I've never nice to be able to get but you can. That's why I enjoy it here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbe !!!! Le chardonneret est encore discret dans mon terrain, l'autre ne vient pas encore snif !
    Bravo Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Nathalie.
      J'espère que vous les voyez bientôt. {:))

      Delete
  4. Tricky shots, shooting skywards into the trees Roy, but you captured the detail of these Goldies perfectly.
    Good to see the Bullfinch up there too.

    Still got most of the Siskins up here in n. Wales at the moment. I'm sure it won't be long before they head down from the mountain though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I will be looking out for them.{:))

      Delete
  5. Your photos are lovely and you know, there are times when I could kick myself for not being interested in birds when I actually lived in England. There was no time for such things on my last trip but the next one, I hope to be able to get off on some long country walks to take photos of nothing but birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. Yes I wish I had been more interested many years ago now.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog