Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 2 December 2012

Graceful Geese

Geese watching is a pleasant pastime. 
The way they interact with each other about taking off in groups from water. Where and how they choose to graze in the fields. Their actions, particularly of landing and taking off into the wind. Their chosen feeding areas are like busy airports with flocks coming and going all day. I never tire of trying to photograph them in such situations, which is reflected in the amount of images I post from time to time. The two species that I am able to watch often are Greylag and Canada, which also include some that could hardly be described as true varieties of either. From now through the winter, both species will flock in large numbers providing plenty of opportunity for photography.












21 comments:

  1. Hey Roy....Amazing shot's...so graceful in flight as they glide : }!!
    The second one is a amazing catch ..they remind me of the jets that fly in tantrum so close together but not touching!!
    The third one is another beauty!!
    They are all great I can see where you could watch them for hours !!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice action shots Roy! I wonder if we will get a White-front this year?
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, yes I hope we get one or two.
      I haven't seen a Bar-headed for a long time either.

      Delete
  3. Great series of action shots Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots, Roy, it must have been a wonderful experience to watch and photograph this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petra, yes I like to watch them like this.

      Delete
  5. A lovely series of shots Roy :) It is all too easy to overlook Greylags as they are so common at most British wetlands, but as you say they are always entertaining to observe while the sound of geese has to be one of the most evocative sounds of our wetlands, especially during the colder months of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Synchronized bird landings and flying....you are just so good! I never get tired of your flying shots. Geese are really graceful when they are landing.....just sort of float down out of the sky. I love watching the geese, too, and now that the Snow Geese are here, we have made two trips to see them so far. I wish I could get the close-ups that you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I would love to see your Snow Geese.

      Delete
  7. A great series of photos Roy with lots of energy and action. I love to watch geese and to hear them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I lost track of you for a little bit! The geese are great and the song birds below are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Roy, amazing photos. I could happily watch these geese for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, great pics Roy! Love these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Roy

    This is a really stunning series. I love all the looks at the flying geese.

    Great photos.
    Guy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog