Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Tuesday 30 July 2024

Barley and Butterflies

Images taken on my recent walk.

The Barley Harvest is well under way.

I think this below is the first Peacock butterfly I have seen this year. Quite amazing when to think this is a resident of UK. I do hope they recover numbers next year as this is probably our most colourful species.


Gatekeeper (Male)



Red Admiral



The second images I have taken this year of the Golden-ringed Dragonfly. 



 


Common Blue (Male)


Greater Knapweed.




Chicory

Bramble

8 comments:

  1. I had a Peacock butterfly in my back yard yesterday and was trying to remember if I'd seen any this year - certainly not as many as usual. Haven't seen a combine out yet either, but it won't be long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Yes we certainly have the weather for it down here.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos of your walk. I like the butterflies and insects. I see a nice landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos - I haven't seen a single Peacock since I moved to the south!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. I know the feeling. I just don't understand why as yet. Hopefully there was enough to provide for better next year.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog