Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Saturday 3 July 2021

A Local Patch

A walk on one of my local patches was quite welcome.

This was Maiden Castle, the site of an Iron Age Hill Fort. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiden_Castle,_Dorset

I have been  somewhat obstructed by a temporary medical problem recently that is not conducive to nature photography 

Here below are some of the present day residents of Maiden Castle.



It is a good site for butterflies.

Meadow Brown 

Marbled White




Small Tortoiseshell


Small Heath


Here below is a rare sight. 
A Small Heath which I caught with its wings open momentarily.
You won't find this image in many butterfly books.







Although I only had a medium lens attached, this male Stonechat turned up on a nearby post and posed for a short while,




The Forester Moth.
 

Dock Flower

Looking homewards


This was a good spot below for lunch.



I had shown in my last post some fresh Adonis Blue butterflies from this site. I think this is one of the remaining of that species and somewhat worse for wear.






12 comments:

  1. Hi Roy. A beautiful walk. I like the white butterfly. Beautiful landscape. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aivan upeat valokuvat. Toivotavasti olet kunnossa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Marbled Whites seem a little more co-operative than the ones I tried to photograph the other day! Or maybe (more likely) you have more patience than I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Roy
    a fabulous series
    Greetings Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I like the white one. You get really nice open shots of all of them. The views are beautiful, too! Looks like a great place to walk with a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Roy,
    Great series of images! Love the butterflies! Photo number eleven is stunning! Beautiful landscape!
    I hope you are better now!
    take care,
    Regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog