Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Friday 21 June 2019

Black Hairstreak Butterfly


I paid a visit to the Woodland area today that I tend to walk mostly during the summer period. 
I was informed that Black Hairstreak had been sighted in several locations in the area already this year.
I went and stood for about 45 minutes at one of the locations and observed several quite high up, with no chance of a photograph. So I continued on my walk and returned later to that spot. Still no chance of getting a shot.
I guessed it was not meant to be today and went on to another area of the woodland. I walked through a five bar gate and on top of low flowering bramble bush there was a Black Hairstreak feeding on the flowers.







9 comments:

  1. Hi Roy,
    Stunning images of this gorgeous butterfly!!!
    Regards,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice of it to come and find you Roy!!,it's reward for all your waiting around?....always good when a plan comes together!? Lovely images...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some photos in the end.. a lovely set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Those who stand and wait.:))

      Delete
  4. Thanks Nora. It depends on whats about really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maravilhosas imagens, Roy!
    Fabuloso o enquadramento obtido, tal como a luminosidade!...
    Adorei ver! Abraço
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado Ana pelas suas amáveis palavras.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog