Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Monday 3 December 2018

A White Surprise


It was one of those days when I had photographed a species of water bird that was out of the ordinary and a few common species as well. I had walked far enough and was on my way back to the car park in the Parkland. At one point I started to walk over a bridge and on looking to my right I was able to take this shot below of this Little Egret. It was somewhat secluded by low overhanging branches and I just couldn't get a clear shot.


I had an alternative strategy though. I knew that if I approached the birds position from over a dense bramble and low bush covered area I could get a better view.
I was able to get into a covert position without disturbing the Egret and take plenty of shots and observe as well.
The Egret was eating very well as from its perch just above the water, it continued catching small fish all the time I was watching.













12 comments:

  1. Nice shots of a well-fed bird. Amazing that only twenty-five years ago I was on holiday in Hampshire and was alerted to a very rare avian visitor - one of the first Little Egrets in the country. Now I see one fairly regularly in my village.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Yes it is a fairly regular sight and always pleasing to find.

      Delete
  2. Upea lintu! Toivoisin näkeväni tämän linnun joskus läheltä, eikä vain kaukana valkoisena pisteenä.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought, white surprise... SNOW! But it's better :-). I like this lovely species and they are beautiful I see the geat white egret a lot but this one is rare in my area.
    Great observation Roy and so nice it catches fishes while you were there :-D.

    Kind regards,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great series of shots. Your patient approach paid off well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. festive meal for the egret ! ;-)
    Nice images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It beats Turkey and Brussels sprouts Nath anytime as far as he is concerned.:))

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, very beautiful.
    Where I live you see a lot of great egrets, but the little ones almost never. You could make beautiful photo's of the little egret.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog