Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Lodmoor Reserve Visit - Greenshank

A visit to Lodmoor Reserve revealed something to shoot at for a change.
From what I have observed on this visit, things are beginning to happen in respect of the bird population as we enter into the Autumn period.

The star of this post is the Greenshank.
It was feeding in a shallow narrow small stretch of water and I was able to observe it from behind a small tree. It remained there for some time and then (without being disturbed by me) flew to another part of the Reserve.







Aster (Michaelmas Daisy)







A chance to get a Great White Egret on the wing.






I have lost count of the amount of Clouded Yellow butterflies I have seen this year. 
Quite exceptional.


Large White

One of a few immature Long-tailed Tits that were feeding in dense foliage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog