Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday, 13 September 2026

Lodmoor Reserve Visit - Spoonbill

Lodmoor Reserve is a place that is visited by the Spoonbill on an infrequent basis.
I have seen as many as four at one time in the past.



They are back. 
Several small flocks of Canada Geese are beginning to arrive.
 


Common Sandpiper

Little Egret

Black-tailed Godwits are now present and feeding in all the areas.







A few butterflies remain in the area.
One such species is the Common Blue. These images are of a female.



I remain amazed at how many Clouded Yellow butterflies I have seen this year.




Large White

Green-veined White

Here we have a bit of a Mexican Stand 0ff between a Great White Egret and a Grey Heron.


Another chance to see and photograph the Greenshank which was observed the previous week.






Visiting Lodmoor Reserve now is quite encouraging. 
Hopefully this will continue onwards into Winter and many species will be observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog