Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday 27 September 2023

Peregrine Falcon

My Nemesis Bird has been photographed by me at last.

In the Town were I have lived for four years there are several churches. On two of them, regular sightings of a pair of Peregrine Falcons have been made. In fact they are known to have taken up residence there for some time now. I speak regularly with several local Nature Photographers that have taken many shots of them. Every time I go looking for them, they are not there. 

Fortunately today a local Birding Colleague kindly contacted me and said that the birds were in residence. So I hot footed it to the location and sure enough on this occasion they were still there.

It was an awkward shooting angle, the light could have been better and I only had my oldest camera. However, who cares as I got the shots.

Male

Female





 







8 comments:

  1. They seem to go AWOL pretty often. I know some places round here that are "guaranteed", only they are seldom at home when I arrive. You got some excellent shots and the "awkward angle" gives a good insight into the sort of places they're likely to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Yes, it is not an easy place to shoot photos especially with the buildings around it and the uneven walls.

      Delete
  2. Quel bel oiseau ! Je n'en ai jamais vu en vrai. Tes photos sont très réussies, et tu dois être content d'avoir pu les faire. Bon après-midi à toi, Roy. Amitiés.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Françoise.
      J'ai toujours voulu prendre au moins une photo de cet oiseau.

      Delete
  3. Bonjour Roy
    Je remarque une chose à force de voyager, c'est que les anglo-saxons sont toujours partageurs de leurs découvertes. Les Français sont égoïstes et c'est à celui qui fera la plus belle photo..
    Une bande d'abrutis !
    Bravo Roy, l'angle n'est pas très facile mais tes photos sont très nettes et lumineuses.
    Je t'embrasse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci chère Nathalie pour vos mots très gentils.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog