Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Thursday 27 October 2022

Lady Kingfisher

One of my favourite subjects to photograph is the Kingfisher. 
I was in a covert position at a location where I have observed this species before.
On this occasion it was a female that kindly turned up.


There is a form of etiquette amongst Nature and Wildlife Observers and Photographers.
Approaching someone that is obviously either studying a subject through binoculars or using a camera to photograph the subject, other such people will approach with caution in order not to disturb the subject. 
It is also advantageous to the approaching person to do so, as it may provide a good view of the subject.

On this occasion I was partly concealed behind a low hedge and taking shots of this female Kingfisher.
I was hoping it was going to turn around or dive into the water. No such luck, as subsequently a couple of people with one small pair of binoculars walked by me and said in a fairly loud voice "Oh! look there is a Kingfisher". That was the end of my photo shoot. My response was unprintable and I walked off in discuss.






 













10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little bird. You got some wonderful shots before your session was so rudely interrupted. People can be so clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roy, great shots of this beautiful Queenfisher ;-) We all know such disturbances! Not funny.
    Regards Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent portraits and study images of a wonderful species. You were given a treat on this occasion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got many great shots before they disturbed it! I can fully understand. Our last day on hols at bird reserve we were surrounded by Spanish out for a Sunday walk and picnic (in the picnic area, thank goodness), barely a one with binoculars. OK, we can't complain about them getting out enjoying nature, but they just have no clue. Especially about being quiet in a hide. Love your shots.

    I have just replied to your last comment on my blog, had to do it as Anon from ipad as I couldn't type in the box at all from my desktop, where I am happily typing away now on your blog, sans probleme. No idea what's going on! Also I am happy to see your eye must be better now. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog