Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 13 March 2022

White Ruff and Friends


Another visit to Lodmoor on a dull windy afternoon provided the opportunity to see the resident White Ruff again. I say opportunity as Lodmoor is a large area and some days this bird can be so far away and hidden that you are unable to locate it.










In the same area I was able to observe Snipe and Black-tailed Godwit.







Black-tailed Godwit





Earlier that day I did visit Portland Bill. There was a strong Easterly wind blowing and unfortunately this meant that all sensible birds were tucked away out of sight. 
I was hoping to see Purple Sandpiper, but to no avail.




7 comments:

  1. Excellent photos Roy. I like the white ruff. I never saw. Your coast is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roy,
    Fantastic photos ! I have never seen a white Ruff before!
    Stunning look!
    Happy weekend ahead
    Greetings,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous images and the Ruff is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, the Ruff is definitely a rarity in those colour.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog