Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 6 March 2022

Local Walk - Jackdaws - Stonechat

The image below is a track which is part of my five mile Summer walk.
Along this track is usually a good spot to see at least one pair of Stonechat, which fly from post to post and across to the hedgerow. They search the ground for food and return to the posts to feed. (Yellowhammers are another species that can be found here.)



Here are a few shots taken up the track on this walk.





I liked this cloud formation that I shot part way up the track with my iPhone.








A regular sight along the walk each time I go that way are small flocks of Jackdaw.










 


Another regular sight on this walk is the Robin.








6 comments:

  1. Such characterful shots of the Jackdaws in particular. It's always puzzled me why Stonechats always seem to favour certain posts, while largely ignoring others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stonechats are usually approachable John, but these were weary on this occasion. They will get use to me though later on.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hei Anne,
      Se paranee joidenkin kevätlintujen kanssa.

      Delete
  3. Hi Roy,
    Wow, long walk ! And so beautiful the Stonechats, stunning images, love them .
    Also beautiful photos of the Jackdaws.
    Nice Post again!
    Greetings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. I like to photograph Stonechats, interesting little birds.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog