Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Monday 21 February 2022

A Northern Visitor

Redwing

On my very windy walk this morning I was fortunate enough to observe one of two Redwing moving about a small copse. 

Although the twigs and branches got in the way I was able to get these few shots.


An attractive Winter Thrush, the Redwing is often seen with the Fieldfare in small groups. 
The problem with observing Redwing/Fieldfare is that they may visit an area for a few days in which case you may be fortunate to get a second look. 
Alternatively they may arrive and disappear almost immediately.
I got these shots in respect of the latter.



 

8 comments:

  1. Kauniit valokuvat. Pian ne palaavat tänne,-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos Anne. Haluaisin pitää niitä vähän pidempään.

      Delete
  2. Redwing seem very thin on the ground around here this year, though there are a few more Fieldfares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusual John. I have not seen any Fieldfare. This time last year I was seeing returning Summer birds.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos of this bird. We call them "Koperwiek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roy,
    Lucky you! Great bird and beautifully captured, well done!
    Greetings,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog