Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Saturday 27 February 2021

Lockdown Walk

Another day, another lockdown walk.
Lesser Celandines are in full bloom now everywhere you go.


Just fortunate to catch sight of this Wren that had been bathing and was preening and drying out its feathers whilst sitting in the sunshine.




Lesser Celandine

I extended my walk in one direction to take in a small stretch of my six mile circular Summer Walk. On a recently cut hedgerow alongside the track I observed two male and two female Stonechat. It is possible that this was two pair which could be confirmed if they remained in the area. I went back to this location the next day and since and they could not be found. So I'm assuming they were all just staging through.
You can see from the male's muddy beak that they had been searching for food in the adjacent arable field.





 





The Chiffchaff recently observed by a part of the local river was still in attendance. So I guess we will be hearing more of him when he starts his springtime call.





This female Goldfinch disappeared into a large hedgerow probably searching for a suitable nest site.

Female Goldfinch

Blue Tit



Lesser Celandine

Seven Spot Ladybird

Robin

At first this female Kestrel didn't see me approaching it. It was the other side of a small copse on top of a bare tree.





Footnote:
Yesterday, Friday 26 February, I observed two Male Brimstone butterflies on the wing. No photograph unfortunately.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Roy
    you have a good eye when it comes to bird watching, I would never have seen the little wren ... I also like the pictures of the falcon very much .. I would probably have seen this one too .. ;-))
    stay healthy
    Greetings Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vau, miten hienoja havaintoja! Siellä on kevät;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of the lockdown we cannot go too far, but this walk of yours is a very nice lockdown walk. Nice and diverse with beautiful birds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roy
    Yet again you have captured perfect images of some wonderful wildlife! Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog