Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Thursday 5 November 2020

Amongst the Reeds

Down amongst the reeds.
One species that tends to live in or near the edge of areas where they can retreat and hide in is the Snipe. I shot these images at Lodmoor Reserve Weymouth. As you can see they are skulking away in dead reeds. I found it very difficult, if not impossible to count the numbers of them in some locations.









Not so good at hiding is the Lapwing for obvious reasons.




The Black-tailed Godwit has the right colourings, but is more likely to be seen out in the open.





The Little Egret just doesn't care if he can be seen or not.


The Grey Heron is much the same, but likes to hide from its prey is possible.




12 comments:

  1. Hi Roy, beautiful photos. We have sometimes snipes too in our area. At the moment I don't see them. Have a nice weekend. Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather see Snipe Roy and this reed bed seems a great place to spot them and other birds. Great shots. Have a lovely weekend and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true what you say about the snipe.
    I was able to photograph them freely for a few weeks but still have to sort them out.
    The black-tailed godwit is also beautifully lit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roy,
    Lovely series of images of these birds!
    The Snipes are great! But also love the Gotwiit, Heron and Egret!
    Best regards,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures - wow those snipe are so well camouflaged! I do love waders so enjoyed this post. It's great living near the coast, isn't it? (ok I'm an hour away... lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. Yes I see completely different species now. I am about 10 minutes away from the coast.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog