Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 2 August 2020

Golden-ringed Dragonfly

A few weeks ago while out walking the fields of Dorset I observed for the first time a Golden-ringed Dragonfly. 
It flew by at a rate of knots and I was only able to get a blurred shot of it due to wrong camera and lens settings.

Happily, I have now been able to find one (a female) that flew along pitching on a hedge close to me. It kindly remained there and I was able to get the shot.

The male and female are very similar in appearance, which is unusual in a dragonfly. This is also the longest dragonfly in the UK.

Female






10 comments:

  1. Lovely shots of a beautiful dragonfly. Not seen any here as yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roy!!! Great macro... Happy week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular photos of this beautiful dragonfly. I had one land on my garden fork once when I was in the veg patch! I was most surprised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. I was surprised to get the opportunity to photograph it after the previous encounter.

      Delete
  4. Hi Roy,
    Wow, fantastic Dragonfly! Beautifully captured!!

    Greetings, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog