Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Thursday 9 July 2020

Stonechat in the Forest

On a recent visit to Puddletown Forest I observed a bird that I least expected to find. At the edge of an area that was fenced off from deer and full of young trees and tall foliage I observed a female Stonechat. 

Below a view from a high point in the Forest.

iPhone Image

It was the only one of its species I could find in the area. 
From its appearance I believed it to be a first Winter female.
Of course being a Stonechat it was able to find a post and some wire fence to perch on.








16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks John. I had to check it out as I wasn't sure.

      Delete
  2. Great beautiful pictures of this beautiful little bird. The kleruen and his drawing are beautifully captured.
    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roy!!! Lovely pictures of this beautiful female... Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Roy
    where you don't count, the more you are happy about it, very nicely photographed
    Regards Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roy, your photos are always sharp and clear. Super enjoyable! Thank you for stopping by and lovely to be catching up again. Hope all goes well with you over there also :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of the stonechat! I admire their crispness and detail. Greetings from Sri Lanka!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots of the stonechat. A cute little bird.
    And the landscape is stunning!!!
    Happy weekend and regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog