Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 12 July 2020

The Scarlet Tiger

The Scarlet Tiger Moth
(Callimorpha dominula))


Moths are not a subject that I photograph very often.
However, I was walking around Radipole Lake Weymouth when this flash of bright red attracted my attention. It was the Scarlet Tiger moth flying over a bramble bush. It is quite striking in the sunlight and just had to be photographed.


The species habitat is damp meadows, marshes, fens and cliffs adjacent to the sea. 
There is only one brood per year flying between May and June. 




7 comments:

  1. Hi Roy, beautiful that moths, I would think it's a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline. Yes it has that appearance.

      Delete
  2. Hi Roy,
    I have never seen this beautiful moth! Stunning colors!
    Beautifully captured as always!
    Regards,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog