Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 5 January 2020

Turnstone -Amongst the Seaweed


Apart from the odd half day over the last few weeks the weather has been quite atrocious and not conducive to observing nature.
The first opportunity to go out with the camera in 2020 found me at Ferrybridge walking along the receding tide and observing a small flock of Turnstone. 
Searching amongst the seaweed for food they were difficult to keep up with and the light was poor, when it wasn't raining that is.









There were still quite a number of Brent Geese at the same location.
As I was shooting images of the Turnstone a man and woman stopped nearby and asked me if the Brent were Artic Terns!!......
.....and I thought my bird identification skills were poor.



13 comments:

  1. Voi että! Nämä ihanat linnut ovat nyt siellä. Menee vielä useampi kuukausi, että ne tulevat tänne takaisin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chasing Turnstone?...what better way to burn off all those festive endulgenses!

    According to the recent reports there's plenty of those 'funny looking' Arctic Terns around Norfolk at the moment!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trevor, it is the sea that makes you feel hungry as well. That's my excuse.

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking of going up to the Farnes this summer; hope I don't get dive-bombed by those Arctic Terns, they look as though they pack quite a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roy,
    Great series of pica of the Turnstone!! And I like the header. Is it a Sparrow? ( haha.....)
    Happy Newyear!
    Regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. Maybe a Sparrow, but you know my Bird ID skills arn't that great.:))

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos of the turnstones, one of my favourite birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Roy
    beautiful photos of the tome in algae they fit well with your plumage beautiful photo series
    I also like the tern very well ;-))
    Regards Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the weather was a bit bad everywhere to go out. These photos of the stone walkers are very beautiful to see :-))))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog