Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 7 July 2019

A Woodland Walk

The Woodland walk which I have done for several years and during that time I had not observed a Marbled White butterfly on the heathland or anywhere else in the area.
I was walking around the heath with my Wife the other late afternoon and along came a Marbled White and I took a couple of snatched shots with a Macro lens, one of which is below.


So I returned the next morning to the heathland area and I found three Marbled White. Finding a species that I had not observed there before is all rather poignant as this was the last time I shall visit the Woodland area in question for reasons that will become clear.


Below is a typical view around the woodland at this time.
This particular spot was where I had shot White Admiral and Silver-washed Fritillary before I took this shot.

iPhone image

Male Ringlet

Female Ringlet

A Willow Warbler I think

Silver-washed Fritillary

Silver-washed Fritillary

Hoverfly

Musk Mallow

Five Spot Burnet

Comma

Hazel nuts.

White Admiral


Seven spot Ladybird


Female Large White

Common Blue Damselfly


Red Admiral

Red Admiral


iPhone image

Below are two of the hard working 'Ground Maintenance Staff ' that keep the grass cut down.




10 comments:

  1. Hi Roy,
    Great beautiful series of photographs.
    Beautiful landscape also the beautiful scenery with those dark cattle.. Two butterfly species are rather rare and your photos quite excellent: The White Admiral and the Silver-washed Fritillary!! Congrets.
    I enjoyed this Post!
    Greetings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. Those two species are quite common in some areas here.

      Delete
  2. Hello Roy
    a very beautiful and long psot with the most beautiful pictures of butterflies.
    Also insects, damsel, beautiful green nature and cow animals look great.
    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mais uma daquelas publicações, que é um puro deslumbramento!
    Grata por partilhar tantos encantos, dessa linda zona campestre!
    Estão lindas as fotos! Abraço
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog