Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Monday 1 October 2018

An Autumn Woodland Walk

Leaves are turning now as we change to the Autumn Season.
A walk through the woodland that I visit mostly during the Spring and Summer reveals some interesting colours already.



A few wild flowers like this Common Fleabane still provide a little colour.



With the Hazel tree most of the nuts have fallen and the leaves are turning.


Wild Mint Flower



A few Butterflies remain on the wing. 
Mostly Speckled Wood and Whites, Large and Small and Comma were observed.



A Cricket hopped across the track.
My learned Advisor informs that this is a
male Dark Bush-cricket (Pholidoptera griseoaptera)




Just to add a different look to the scenes I have posted a few Sepia shots.









8 comments:

  1. Yep, things are definitely on the change now Roy, we'll soon be enjoying those dark grey dismal days of Winter!

    Although, I've noticed a few things in my garden seem a little confused (least of all me!!) I've got a Spring flowering Azalea with half a dozen blooms on it, a young Elm tree with new leaves and another unknown shrub with new leaves/buds all of which should now be preparing for a long sleep!

    Nice set of images to record your walk, I especially like the sepia image of the (?)hay turner....[;o)

    Check out (male) Dark Bush-cricket (Pholidoptera griseoaptera)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trevor. I will bow to your superior knowledge on that subject, thanks.
      Its an old hay rake. It pulls the grass along into a line then you lift the rake and drop it again and do the same all over again.
      I would point out that I am not old enough to have used this kind though. :))

      Delete
  2. We have had some lovely weather over this past week, beautiful photos from your walk... loving the new look.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nick, climate change is already doing a lot of damage to our nature, as soon as intermediate seasons are felt, I hope it can be remedied...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A complex subject Belen.
      Un tema complejo de belen.
      Roy.

      Delete
  4. We can not ignore it.
    Autumn has arrived and that is a fact.
    nice colours. The sepia photos are also very nice to see.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog