Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 3 June 2018

An Early Lady

Well it is early for me in this area to see a Painted Lady Butterfly.
I was walking up the track yesterday that leads to the Woodland walk that I conduct on a regular basis throughout Spring, Summer and Autumn. There it was on the stone track searching for minerals.

This is by far the earliest I have seen a Painted Lady in the area I live now.
I have seen one on the South coast earlier in May one year, but thats all.
It is in very good condition considering the kind of journey it undertook to get here.
Judging the size, I am assuming it is male.







16 comments:

  1. Nice find Roy, a good early 'tick' to get...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful butterfly, amazing shots.
    Greetings
    Maria
    Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's early Roy..... I usually see them later in the year.... I know I saw them in Guernsey in May 2017 but that is a 100 miles or South or the UK..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nice early find Roy. Interestingly I spotted one nectaring in a local Garden Centre on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, yes I have seen a number of reports of sightings, maybe we could have one of those bumper years of a Painted Lady invasion.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful and beautiful sharp photos.
    The details are beautiful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Gunilla.
      This was a welcomed surprise so early in the year.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog