Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Saturday 3 March 2018

A White and Grey Day

Images taken on my latest Parkland walk or should I say trek.

Colloquially known as the Beast from the East, this cold spell revealed temperatures around -6 celsius and in some exposed areas with a further wind chill factor around -11.

























Not much sign of life other than a very few people. However each time I stopped anywhere a Robin would hop up to me on the snow or in a bush. They must have known that I had bird seed in my pocket.





15 comments:

  1. Amazing snow covered scenery.. well done for venturing out Roy and taking some goody pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were brave! Isn't there a saying....only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the Springtime snow?

    Nice snowy shots though...and not a hint of shivery camera shake!!....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is a saying something like that Trevor.
      Thanks. Image stabiliser built into the camera comes to the rescue in these conditions. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Kiitos Anne. Mikään ei ole kuin Suomi. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful winter scenery and I love the cute little robin. I have enjoyed our cold spell. We don't have a "real" winter every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gunilla. No, but I guess the conditions you get are more than the UK generally could put up with.:)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures of this amazing snowfall.. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos here Roy, I love how magical snow looks, even though I know it's been a bit of a headache for some recently. The robin is too adorable! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasha. Yes, its made a nice change for us that like to photograph such things.

      Delete
  7. This robin is so beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog