Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday, 9 August 2026

More Butterflies on my latest Walk.

Sorry, but I have to bore you with more butterfly images as that is most of what is showing at the moment.


What is pleasing is that I have seen more Clouded Yellow butterflies this year than I have ever seen.


Common Blue (Male)

I continue to see Painted Ladies on most of my walks now.



Small White

This was a lonely Sunflower found amongst a field of Maize Crop.


Woodpigeon


A female Small White getting airborne.




There are plenty of Red Admirals on the wing.




The sheep in our area are fashion conscious and very much colour coordinated.






It is a pleasure to walk along this track at this time. 
In the Winter it is often very muddy or flooded.


Always a lovely sight. Blackberries ready to pick.


Buff-tailed Bumblebee

Speckled Wood

Bye for Now






8 comments:

  1. Red admirals and small whites are the most numerous species at the moment. I did see a clouded yellow in town, which is a first for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. Not so many Red Admirals now. Plenty of Whites though.

      Delete
  2. What I don't understand is how it can be so dry there yet the blackberries look plump and juicy. When I lived in Brittany ours were always very small and not worth picking when the weather was very dry. Having said that, it looks more brown where you live than my area of the south of France! Maybe we have more resilient wild grass.

    Love all your butterfly photos. Glad you are having plenty of Clouded Yellows - I believe they are migrants from the continent, rather than breeding in the UK? That may well change in the years to come....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. I think the bramble bushes and many of the trees are very deep rooted now.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos. In my garden I have a common blue, it's not easy to photograph him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog