Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday 6 March 2024

More Siskin

I get the impression that Bird sightings are increasing at long last after the awful weather we have experienced recently. One such bird that I have been fortunate to see is the Siskin.

At this time of year the Siskin can be seen across the UK almost anywhere. It likes gardens where food is placed out, it also visits trees such as the Alder which is loaded with seeds at this time. Fortunately there is plenty of Alder trees in the local areas that I visit. This year in particular I have seen many Siskin with plenty of opportunity to photograph them.

During the breeding season the Siskin will return to major Conifer tree plantations of which there are many where it nests high up in those trees.

Female




Male













6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of this birds. Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shots! this is the 4th winter I've been walking locally and I've seen WAY more Siskins this winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. I have never seen. so many as I have this Winter, especially so far South.

      Delete
  3. Hei Roy! Aivan ihanat valokuvat. Se on ihana pieni lintu. Niitä ei ole vielä näkynyt täällä. Täällä on ollut yli 200 urpiaista (Acanthis flammea) Ne lentävät edestakaisin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos Anne. En ole nähnyt Acanthis flammeaa (Lesser Redpol) tässä Englannin osassa sen jälkeen, kun olen asunut täällä.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog