Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Monday 19 April 2021

A Walk Around Radipole Lake

Another walk around Radipole Lake Reserve, Weymouth revealed some butterfly activity as the temperature is a little warmer now.

Peacock

Large White

A distant shot between the reeds of my first Reed Warbler of the year. 
I heard several singing amongst the reeds around the reserve.


Much frantic Shoveler Duck activity was observed on the large lake.


Males and females were flying around landing and taking off again.
Males would then chase each other around and around. 
I don't believe they actually peck each other with those massive beaks.







Marsh Marigold

Mute Swans were also chasing each about in territorial disputes,
which is their main activity at the moment.



Wren

More Shoveler Duck activity.



Another colourful duck, the Shelduck.
This pair were bathing and preening. 
Radipole has usually one or two Shelduck around the reserve.





13 comments:

  1. Wow. I've never seen Shovelers doing anything so animated, must be the time of year ! I've always wondered how Shelduck managed to stay so clean - now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upeat valokuvat! Siellä on mielenkiintoisia lintuja,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roy!!!... Beautiful series of pictures... Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Roy
    nice combination of the excursion the swans in flight look great
    Greetings Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never seen Shovelers do that!! mallards yes! btw many Cetti's? I haven't been there for years but it used to be alive with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, No I haven't seen Shovelers do that either.
      Yes Cetti's, there are a few around now, six territories I counted.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mais uma série de imagens deslumbrante... As carriças, são-me muito familiares! Costumam fazer ninhos no jardim do Jorge... nas casinhas de madeira que ele costuma ter penduradas, o ano inteiro...
    Um grande abraço!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog