Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Friday 4 October 2019

Who's Watching Who

On a recent visit to Portland I observed some of the local residents.

Everybody has a favourite Owl and the Little Owl just has to be Number One.




This female Wall Brown butterfly below is not looking at her best now, but her work is done.


A female Kestrel can regularly be observed hovering over the grounds around the Bill.



There is also the opportunity to observe a Raven on Portland.
This one was too close for the long lens I had fitted and by the time I moved back sufficiently it had flown.




14 comments:

  1. With those eyballs and sideways glances it seems to me that they're giving the once over to the new stranger on the patch....or is it just the way they pose down souff?....[;o)


    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very fond memories of Little Owl, both in the UK and in Croatia. Great little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful photos Roy. Especially the owl. I have never seen an owl in the nature, only in the zoo. Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline. This is an Owl that we can see in the day time here.

      Delete
  4. Great series of pictures, really like your owl photos ..
    Is this the little sparrow owl ??

    Best regards
    Ole Arne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roy,
    Little Owl, the best.... Superb!
    Lovely to see a Wall Brown. You see them almost nowhere, alas!(not in my area)
    Fantastic shots of the Raven! And last but not least the female Kestrel, also beautifully captured!
    Regards, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures Roy!
    I especially love the photos of the little little owl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog