Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Saturday 6 June 2015

Along the Riverbank

As the Summer is coming along now I more regularly walk along the riverbank which runs through and beyond the Parkland. Its at this time there is more of interest to observe and photograph.

Firstly two views from a bridge in the Parkland which I have featured at various times of the year before.



Orange Tip Butterfly - I have not seen many this year.


Lady on a Horse





A Peacock Butterfly that has made it through the Winter and lives on a little longer to create the next generation.


At one point the beautiful aroma of flowering Field Beans waft over the path along side the river.


Immature Long-tailed Tits are hopping about the trees.



Another old Peacock looking much the worse for wear.


The Dog Rose is now in flower everywhere.







I heard the unmistakeable twittering of a Goldfinch in the tree above me.


Herb Robert


Mum with six making good speed up the wide river looking for somewhere quiet to shelter away from the marauding male Mallards.


Narrow boats are more frequent on the river now as the 'fine weather' boaters come out.



I just caught sight of this Jay before it disappeared.


The Green-veined White Butterfly can be observed just about anywhere now. 




This Reed Warbler chattering away was easy to locate, but difficult to catch sight off.
This was one lucky shot I took.


More Ladies on Horses {:))




24 comments:

  1. Looks like really nice countryside you've got to walk through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it might have been adecent trout stream till I saw the canal boats! Would love to learn to fly fish, no danger of cruelty as I won't catch anything.

    Hang on not the Witham is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No trout for miles Simon. No its the Nene.

      Delete
  3. Lots of lovely photos - I especially like the young long tailed tits and the greater stitchwort. I've seen a few orange tips but no dog roses flowering round here yet. Is that wild garlic by the side of the river in the first photo? I can't see it clearly enough to tell. There's lots and lots of it round here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D. On the right bank thats Oxeye daisies.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures! What a gorgeous place, looks so nice and relaxing, peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, super photos Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems we had similar ideas :D nice post. you got more birds I got more scones ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, well I did a have a Banana, Mars bar and a bottle of water.{:)).

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful place to spend some time.. in the middle of nature.. can't beat it. Lovely photos Roy :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, its really nice when the weather is good.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful walk along this stream.
    Beautiful reflections in the water and lots of beautiful nature.
    Great to see young tail tits because they see I really never!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Roy... Thanks for sharing the view of the river and the parkland sights . Everything so fresh, and green, with gorgeous flowers, and singing birds. Nice way to spend some time, and get some wonderful shot's!

    Love the one with reflection on the water. I think this is the first shot of a Long Tailed Tit I have seen that showed the
    just how long that tail is. My favorite of course is the Dog Rose ;} .

    Enjoyable post, with nice photos.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GG, yes the LTT is a just a little bundle of feathers with a long tail {:))

      Delete
  10. Looks like a great walk. I love the boats on the river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gunilla, yes a popular pass time in this area.

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed this virtual walk with you! It all looks so calm and peaceful. Bird photos are fab and well done getting that reed warbler! The rest of the photos are stunning too of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely set of pictures Roy. I have a Dog Rose which I got a few years ago from the Woodland Trust and it has masses of rosebuds, some have started to open up, very pretty. I bought Herb Robert from a local garden centre which sells wildflowers about four years ago, it has self seeded around the garden, in areas that is mainly dry shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn, The Dog Rose is really doing well this year everywhere.
      Yes the Herb Robert likes shaded areas, which usually the place I see them.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog