Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Black-tailed Godwit


While I was visiting Lodmoor Reserve Weymouth a few days ago I was fortunate enough to see this Pair of Black-tailed Godwits arrive and land on the edge of water at the Northern end of the Reserve.
I was able to make my way through a small tree lined hedge and take many of these images below.
From what I read about the species in general, this appears to be new arrivals from their breeding grounds in Iceland.  They still have some of their breeding plumage. The icelandic birds winter in southern UK.

The flight shots here were taken later on another part of the Reserve as they moved around searching for food.


The female is larger than the male of this species.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog