Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Sunday 9 July 2023

A Butterfly Walk

On one of my local routes on this walk I concentrated on Butterflies.

Another very hot day with temperatures around of at least 27c.

iPhone Image



There are still many Painted Lady butterflies around.
They always make a nice photograph.






I have also observed many Seven Spot Ladybirds recently.



The Wheat is almost ready for harvesting.



Honeysuckle flowers adorn many hedgerows now.


Only found one Essex Skipper on this walk.


At last I have observed a good number of Gatekeeper butterflies for the first time this year.

The Golden-ringed Dragonfly

Another Dragonfly I have been looking for that is usually observed on this route appeared in front of me.



A local tributary to the River Frome.

The Small Tortoiseshell which has been in short supply, has now appeared on my walk again.




Barley is also almost ready for harvesting.


A resident species, the Peacock is always a welcome sight. 




More Honeysuckle. 


The Red Admiral found plenty of food on the Bramble bush flowers.








The Small White butterfly eventually pitched so I could get one shot off.





14 comments:

  1. Hei Roy! Todella kaunnita valokuvia ihanista kohteista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some grand photos. We seem to have been finding the same subject matter recently, Roy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Yes, should I have not moved from Cambridgeshire I wonder.

      Delete
  3. a really nice walk. Been a terrible year for painted ladies here actually butterflies generally! I have seen some Marbled Whites though which was nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. Painted Ladies have been good down here for a change.

      Delete
  4. Hi Roy!!! Lovely set of pictures... Well-done....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of the butterflies and insects. I don't like hot days. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline. I think we are going to have to get use to hot days.😎

      Delete
  6. What fabulous photos! We are seeing a few more butterflies in our garden and there are plenty along the bridleway near here, which is heartening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal, yes numbers are increasing now, thank goodness.

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos! By the way, you wrote barley instead of wheat about the first crop! Ours was all harvested in late June. Sunflowers are going over now, but it’s a great time of year when the fields are full of yellow.
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. Barley, another senior moment.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog