Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Thursday 11 May 2017

Red and White

Two more first sightings of the season.
I found this Red Admiral along a river bank where I would normally expect to find this species. 
This one is most likely to have arrived recently on migration from Southern Europe, although there have been reports of a few overwintering in UK. I only got a few shots of it before it disappeared.


This Large White below (A first Brood female) is the first of this species I have observed this year.
I was fortunate as it came along just before I decided to leave and return home.









16 comments:

  1. It's all starting to get a bit more interesting on the butterfly front now Roy, I too got my first sighting of the year yesterday of Red Admiral (sadly, no photos!)...and a Small Heath!
    I also found four 'new for year' damselflies...it's looking good.

    I enjoyed your last two posts...you've captured some great Orange Tip action shots there....and I'm STILL waiting to find a male willing to sit and have it's portrait taken!!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trevor, that male Orange Tip is bound to get tired eventually. :)

      Delete
  2. hier wil het nog niet echt met de vlinders ,maar als ik dit zie,dit is geweldig mooi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Roy, you could already photograph a lot of different butterflies. I do not have one in the picture yet, but hopefully this Sunday will come.
    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any whites yet this spring apart from green veined. We had admirals out early in the season, over wintering adults. Not seen any migrants yet. Great captures as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterflies and images Roy. I am sorry these days I do not have the same time to comment on all your posts due to recent events but I appreaciae you posts and your comments on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely butterfly series, Roy. I haven't seen a single butterfly yet but it's true that the beginning of May was quite cold. The coming warmer days should bring them out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog