Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Late Arriving

Spring was late arriving this year. 
We had a lot of cold wet weather which appeared never ending. The season is certainly two or three weeks behind from what I have observed during my second outing since returning to blogging.

The Pasque flower for instance which should be well advanced by now are barely visible. 
I went to an area where they grow and I could only find a very small number.





Another flower, the Early Purple Orchid that should have been in flower, I could only find this single plant with leaves only.


One flower that may get a better chance to arrive on time is the Bluebell as this week the temperatures are getting warmer.
I found some in woodland amongst late flowering Wood Anemone and they will soon replace them by displaying a beautiful blue carpet. (Watch this space)





Cowslips are just about on time and I shot a few images as shown below.





Wood Violets are showing well now everywhere.








15 comments:

  1. Great series of spring blooms. I am afraid spring has been delayed here quite a bit - we had a fierce ice storm over the weekend and I fear that many of the spring ephemerals that were emerging will have been destroyed. I envy you your bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very beautiful, I like spring.
    Nice images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aivan ihania kukkia! Meillä ei kuki vielä, muuta kuin leskenehdet jossakin paikassa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at the flowers they look like non native bluebells, which I notice tend to arrive earlier than the natives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring offers us so much beauty.
    Gorgeous photos.
    Greetings
    Maria de
    Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous selection of spring flowers Roy. I love those colors, especially the Pasque flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roy!!!.. Pretty pictures .. Good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the flower of Pasque.
    The little forest violin is also very beautiful.
    Lovely to see a lilac / purple blog :-)
    Okay .... with a little yellow ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog