Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Thursday 18 December 2014

Treecreeper

The Treecreeper (Certhia familiaris)

The third in the series of five quality species that I was able to photograph on the same day as the Stonechat in the Parkland.

Taking reasonable images of a Treecreeper is mostly about being in the right place at the right time.
That certainly doesn't happen with me very often, but when I was taking images of other birds, this little bird below flew on to a tree trunk within range of the camera.

I thought at first I wasn't going to be lucky, as I caught sight of it flying in and landing on the other side of the trunk. I then had to wait for a few moments to see it emerging around the trunk and into view. It then kindly walked up the trunk in full view. 
I took around thirty images and then it was gone.









17 comments:

  1. Oh Yes you were very fortunate that this bird stayed long enough for you to get these gorgeous shots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het valt niet eens mee om hem te ontdekken met zijn mooie schutkleur maar het is je toch maar mooi gelukt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice encounter Roy, it's always good to watch these 'tree mice' as they busily work their way up and around the tree trunk.
    You've captured some lovely shots that really show off those beautifully intricate (and effective!) markings....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have an eye, and an ear, for these little chaps. I could scarcely go for a walk without seeing one or hearing one. Now I don't see so many. Are their numbers decreasing or is it just me that's deteriorating? At least I can see the ones in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John.
      Don't think they are decreasing in numbers. Its the eyes that go first.{:))

      Delete
  5. Superb captures. I managed to get some record shots when one visited our apple tree this summer. Lovely little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to take pictures of this bird.
    They are very beautiful Roy !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roy, we call them Brown Creepers here, and I always love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie, yes the chance to see them is one thing, but they just don't remain still very long.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photo's of the Treecreeper Roy, lovely and subtile pattern and colours. WoW!
    Wishing you a happy Christmas and 2015!

    Kind regards,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're so cute! I've seen them here too, but it's been so dark and grey that I haven't had my camera with me when I've been out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't hang around much for you to take photographs Gunilla.{:))

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog